INCA TRAILS & CUSCO TREKS
salkantay inca trail, salkantay, inca trail, machu picchu
6 days 5 nights trek
Salkantay inca trail, salkantay inca trail to machu picchu! is not same than the classic inca trail hike, it is more. Many countries have mountain ranges with beautiful scenery and Peru itself is richly blessed in this respect with many other areas for hiking. However in the salkantay inca trail the scenery is only one of the elements responsible for the magic of the Salkantay to inca trail. We join two famous treks in Peru in one trek. Can there be a walk anywhere in the world with such a combination of natural and archaeological beauty? The salkantay inca trail is full of history and sheer mystery and with such as awe-inspiring destination? The various archaeological sites along the way serve to heighten the hiker's sense of anticipation as he or she approaches what would surely find a place in any new list of wonders of the world - Machu Picchu. do salkantay inca trail.
Group size: in this salkantay inca trail trek there is no minimum needed. since that we are one of the few companies offering this hike, there not much people doing it. So, this trek works only in a private service, and works with the same regulations than the 04 days inca trail, so make sure to book it on time, write us today we will give you quick reply.
The salkantay inca trail trek includes:
- Transfer from your hotel, in the morning of the trek departure.
- Private transport from your hotel to the trail head.
- Inca Trail & Machu Picchu entrance fees (value US$78).
- English speaking professional guide (two guides for groups over 9 persons).
- Igloo tents - 2 persons in each 3-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks. Our tents are 3-season, 2008-new, highly maintained to ensure an excellent performance in field.
- Double thickness foam mattress.
- Cook and Cooking equipment.
- Meals (03B,03L,03D) - food includes pancakes, omelet's, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leaf tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Teatime everyday (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn).
- Porters (to carry the tents, food, and cooking equipment).
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs, Kitchen tent.
- Accommodation for our porters and cooks.
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Train ticket (Backpackers service) from Aguas Calientes to Cusco or Ollantaytambo.
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel.
- Breakfast on the first morning. Some hotels offer an early morning breakfast service. If not, we stop at Mollepata on the way to the start on the trek where you’ll have the opportunity to have breakfast.
- Lunch on the last day: after the guided tour at Machupicchu, you can enjoy free time to further visit and choose to have lunch either at Machupicchu or in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes US$3.5
- Sleeping bags (can be hired in Cusco).
- Tips for the guide, cook and porters.
(1): Overnight in Aguas Calientes on the 6th night add us $60 breakfast included, double basis with private bathroom.
(3) Personal porters can be hired to help carry your personal items such as clothes, sleeping bag etc. They can be hired for US$ 120 for all days and will carry up to a maximum of 15kg (usually 1 porter between 2 people). However, even with a personal porter, you will still need to bring a day pack for essential items. Please note that due to new government regulations the maximum number of porters that we can use in each group has now been capped. Approximately 30% of our clients hire the services of an extra third porter.
Important note: You must decide if you want to hire the services of a personal porter in advance when making your trek reservation, we need to purchase the porter's permit. You cannot decide to hire an additional porter at a later date or once you arrive in Cusco.
(4) An extra night in Aguas Calientes can easily be arranged. We can change the date of your train ticket to the following day. Hotels costs and costs associated with returning to Machu Picchu the following day are additional to trek costs.
(5) Vegetarian Meals. We provide vegetarian meals or cater for special diets with no extra cost. Just let us know.
(6) Sleeping bag hire. If you haven't got a sleeping bag or you don't want the hassle of bringing one all the way to Peru with you, you can find one in Cusco.
When messaging, please specify the name of the trek as: salkantay inca trail, or salkantay to inca trail