WHY INKA CHALLENGE PERU?
- We are especialists in: Cultural, tradictional and adventure tours
- Solo Travelers, Small group’s specialist: We are prepared to carter large groups or friends and delegations
- We are especialists in: Mystical Tours, Village Home-stay and new programs
- We Are: 100% local, established in Cusco city, Certified, official Tour Operator
Potato Park Village Homestay, Papa Park tour
Journey to the potato park, where you can see the different varieties of potato, the potato park is located at an altitude between 3400m to 4600m, home to an average 6,000 people divided into 5 communities in the highlands of Pisac district. In it you can discover and taste more than a thousand varieties of potatoes from communities such as: Amaru, Pampallacta, Chawaytiri, Paru Paru and Saccacca. In addition, you have the opportunity to hike the crops and lagoons, where we can learn about herbs and appreciate the textiles in alpaca fiber.
available only in private service: Departure from Cusco City.
village homestay at potato park in cusco
This fascinating adventure to the potato park, starts with pickup at your hotel and transfer to the park, we will drive through the Sacred Valley “Pisac”, by an unpaved road will lead us to where a local delegation will wait us for a traditional Andean reception: flowers, local music and local authorities will welcome us to the Community of Paru Paru.
Here we have an interpretation of the Potato Park as Indigenous Biocultural Heritage Area, as well as exposure of the strategies of conservation of native potato, then we will have a tasting of native boiled potatoes with hot pepper cream and cheese prepared on the traditional way by skilled local cooks called the “Qachum Waqachi”.
After the tasting we walk to the sacred lake of Kinsa Qocha (the importance of this gap lies in Qocha Raymi celebration in the month of May), the scenery is very beautiful here, where according to the season we can see the daily work on the diversity of native potatoes, used in traditional Quechua kitchen, hence we will make a trip to the Sacaca community where the local guide will make us the interpretation of botanical gardens and culinary use in cooking.
After visiting the places mentioned we will continue to Chawaytire community, to see the exhibition of traditions, culinary skills and creativity in the Potato Park.
After lunch at the Papamanka typical restaurant, we return to the city of Cusco in our private transport.
* Note. It is possible to extend our stay in the potato park village to one or two nights.
- Transfer from cusco to the potato park.
- English speaking professional guide and local interpreter.
- Meals according itinerary.
- All tours according program.
- First-aid kit.
- Transfer from the potato park to Cusco, City.
- Bottled drinks.