WHY INKA CHALLENGE PERU?
- We are especialists in: Cultural, tradictional and adventure tours
- Solo Travelers, Small group’s specialist: We are prepared to carter large groups or friends and delegations
- We are especialists in: Mystical Tours, Village Home-stay and new programs
- We Are: 100% local, established in Cusco city, Certified, official Tour Operator
colca canyon tour (see condors, nice villages, etc).
Colca canyon tour: The Colca Canyon is located in Arequipa Region of Peru, right on the Valley of the Volcanoes in southern Peru. It is located about 100 miles (160 kilometers) northwest of Arequipa, the Colca canyon is one of the deepest canyons in the world at 10,725 ft. (3,269 m), it is more than twice as deep as the Grand Canyon in the United States. The Cotahuasi Canyon nearby to the northwest is referred to as being a deeper canyon at 11,488 ft. (3,501 m). Since they are such major features of the landscape, the Colca and Cotahuasi canyons are both easily recognizable in even low-resolution satellite photos of the region. The Colca Valley is a colorful Andean valley with towns founded in Spanish colonial times and formerly inhabited by the Collaguas and the Cabanas. The local people still maintain ancestral traditions and continues to cultivating the Inca and pre-inca. So, visit colca canyon tour escorted by an expert guide.
Day 01: Arequipa – Chivay. our colca canyon tour program, start at around 08:00 hours, with transfer from your hotel and depart from Arequipa towards nor west direction behind snow-covered chachani, Yura, small valley with thermal springs, see wild vicuñas in pampa cañahuas national reserve, alpacas & llamas in tocra, some birds like flamingoes, ibis, andean goose, ducks, andean eagle “kara kara” view point of the volcanoes and mountains in patapampa (4800 m, 15,000ft), see the ampato, sabancaya, walca walca, etc. Chivay capital of the valley. Afternoon visit to the thermal springs and pool in la Calera. (Admission to the polls not included, about us$2.00 per person), Overnight al Colca lodge or similar. (Lunch and Dinner are provided.
Day 02: Colca Canyon. Early morning after breakfast leave for a full day excursion in the left shore, beautiful typical town, like yanque and maca, colonial churches, gentle people with typical needlework of dresses, hundreds of terraces still in use with andean grows like corn, quinoa, kiwicha, (amaranth), etc. Lookout of the cross of condor, see the deep of the canyon and the flight of the condors, Stone scale models, some pre-inca graves. Time for lunch and return to Arequipa. at around 18.00 hrs.
- Hotel or Lodge accommodation based in double occupancy.
- Scheduled land transportation.
- Transfers form hotel / hotel.
- English speaking tour guide.
- Complete meals during tour, (as specified in the program).
- Entrance fees.
- Domestic or International airfares (Available only upon request).
- Additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages or bottled water.
- Insurance of any kind.